High School Seniors
Whether you are a newly accepted or current DE student, Dual Enrollment is happy to assist high school seniors with making the transition into degree-seeking students. With tools like the Degree Audit, it's easier than ever to know how close you are to earning your AA degree.
Are you looking to continue your education at Valencia College?
Did you know Valencia College is recognized as one of the best colleges in the nation? Not only will you receive the same education as a state university, but you'll do it at half the cost. To continue your education at Valencia College, visit the following site: valenciacollege.edu/finish
Are you looking to transfer to a different college/university?
- Transcript requests can be completed via your Atlas account. Click on the Courses tab ► Select Registration ►Transcript, Grades, Holds ► Request official transcripts; follow prompts to look up specific school code(s) ► Select "as soon as possible" ► Pay. There is a $3.00 fee per transcript.
- As of the Spring term, February 1st, a hold for the "Final HS Transcript w/Grad Date" is placed on all senior accounts; this hold does not prevent students from requesting a Valencia transcript.
Potential AA Graduates
Congratulations! If you have earned or will earn a minimum of 60 credit hours by the Spring term, you may be eligible to graduate with an Associate Degree (AA) from Valencia College at the end of the upcoming Spring term. Your status will depend on the total number of credits you have earned by the end of the upcoming Spring term, as well as completion of requisite courses in various areas.
Potential students will receive notice of their status in October of the fall term.
Check your Atlas account often and follow up with your high school guidance counselor for more information.
You will need to be sure to comply with all instructions that are given in regards
to this very special opportunity.
To Apply For Graduation, You Must:
- See a regular Dual Enrollment Advisor, during the Fall term, to have a course/degree audit completed to review your status and ensure you are registered for all requisite courses before the Spring term starts in January; also prior to the Graduation Application deadline
- All communication will be sent to you via your Atlas email account; be sure to check it frequently for any changes or updates.
- Go online, via your Atlas account, and complete the graduation application prior to the designated deadline. Click on the Students Tab → Path to Graduation → Graduation Application. Remember to indicate whether or not you wish to participate in the ceremony in May.
- Submit a Change of Program/Major form to the DE office. This form is located within your Atlas account under the Students Tab → Admissions & Records → Change of Program/Major Form.
- Submit an official high school transcript at time of high school graduation.