Graduating High School Seniors

Are you looking to continue your education at Valencia College?

Did you know Valencia College is recognized as one of the best colleges in the nation? Not only will you receive the same education as a state university, but you'll do it at half the cost. 

If you are graduating with your Associate in Arts degree and in your final semester as a Dual Enrollment student, here are your next steps:

  • Meet with a Valencia Dual Enrollment Coordinator to review your degree audit.
  • Submit your official high school transcript (graduation date not required) if you completed two years of the same foreign language and/or passed the Florida Civic Literacy Exam (FCLE) at your high school.
  • Submit a graduation application before the graduation application deadline for that term.
  • Learn about commencement and additional graduation information

Dual Enrollment Graduation Stole Distribution

Graduation stoles will be delivered to the public, charter, and private high schools in early April and distributed to the students. Home education students must email to schedule a time to pick up their stole at East, West, Osceola, or Lake Nona campus.

Interested in DirectConnect to UCF®? You will need to complete the First Time in College application by the advertised deadline on the UCF website and indicate you will have earned your AA degree upon high school graduation. Note: applying as a DirectConnect to UCF® student does not guarantee admission for your desired term. Visit one of the Connect Centers to meet with a success coach. 

We hope to see you continuing your education at Valencia College! Here's what you need to know for a successful transition:

  • You do not need to submit a new Valencia College application.
  • Submit a Change of Program/Major request if:
    • You plan to take Valencia College summer classes after high school (official, final high school transcripts must be received by Valencia to process Change of Major/Program request).
    • You have graduated with your AA degree and plan to pursue an AS degree at Valencia College after high school graduation
    • To find the Change of Program/Major request, log into Atlas. On the Students Tab, navigate to Student Forms > Admissions & Records > Change of Program/Major Request.
  • Electronically send your final, official high school transcript with your high school graduation date to Valencia College.
  • As a non-dual enrollment or degree-seeking student you will be financially responsible for tuition, fees, and instructional materials for any registered Valencia College classes beginning the summer semester following high school graduation. 
    • This includes summer classes beginning in May, for full-term and term A, of your high school senior year.
    • Bright Futures may be used as funding source when your final, official high school transcript has a graduation date and has been received by Valencia College. Students are responsible for contacting Bright Futures to confirm enrollment at Valencia College.
  • It is encouraged that students prove Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes via the Residency Statement. Students who do not submit a Florida Residency statement will be classified as a non-Florida resident and charged out-of-state tuition and fees.
  • Visit the Answer Center for more information on completing Florida Residency, applying for Financial Aid, and scholarship opportunities.
  • Review the Academic Calendar for the semester start dates and deadlines to submit required documentation.

Are you looking to transfer to a different college/university?
  • Contact the college/university you plan to transfer to review admissions requirements and follow the steps to enrollment.
  • Transcript requests can be completed via your Atlas account. Click on the Students tab ► My Transcripts Column ►Select Valencia Transcript Request Form ► Request official transcripts; follow prompts to request Valencia transcripts ► Pay. There is a $3.00 fee per transcript.
  • As of the Spring term, February 1st, a hold for the "Final HS Transcript w/Grad Date" is placed on all senior accounts; this hold does not prevent students from requesting a Valencia transcript.