Financial Aid & Money Management Resources
These websites may help you navigate the important financial challenges you may face:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - The FAFSA is used to apply for all federal financial aid, including federal student’s loans, federal grants and work-study programs. You must reapply each academic year, beginning January 1.
- ATLAS - Once you have completed the FAFSA, you can check the status of outstanding and received paperwork in ATLAS by clicking Students and then clicking the Financial Aid Status link.
- FastWeb - One of the most comprehensive scholarship search engines.
- The Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) provides information about state funded financial aid, scholarships, and loan forgiveness for nursing students.
- NyFF Online Workshops - Free online workshops about managing your credit, budget, career planning, financial aid, scholarships, and more.
- The National Student Loan Data System is the U.S. Department of Education’s central database for student aid. Use this website to find the name of your loan servicer and contact information, as well as additional information about your loans and/or grants.
- Federal Student Aid Loan Repayments - The U.S. Department of Education also offers information to help you manage repayment of your federal student loans, including how to avoid and get out of default.
- Mapping Your Future CareerShip - Provides free information about career planning, college, financial aid and money management.
- Better Money Habits - The Khan Academy partners with Bank of America to provide a collection of free videos and self-paced tools to make understanding money and finances a little easier.
- MyMoney.gov - A federal website full of important information about maximizing your financial decisions such as balancing your checkbook, buying a home, or investing in your 401(k).