Rights and Responsibilities of the Financial Aid Recipient
As a student financial aid consumer you have the right to:
- Information about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available, and renewal requirements as well as about Valencia’s academic programs and policies.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made by the Valencia College financial aid services staff. A letter discussing your situation in detail and the decision you wish to have reviewed should be submitted in writing to the Director of Financial Aid Services, Valencia College, P.O. Box 3028, Orlando, FL 32802.
You have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from Financial Aid Services and other financial aid agencies by e–mail and/or letter. Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Budget and manage your financial aid funds.