Benefits (Total Rewards)
About Valencia College Benefits
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia, you’ll find fulfillment. Valencia College is committed to providing employees with a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Your total rewards include significantly more than just your base pay. Our total rewards program offers a wide-ranging combination of pay, benefits, professional development and work/life balance in a meaningful, collaborative work environment.
We are happy to help! Contact Organizational Development and Human Resources (ODHR) by phone
on the HR4U helpline at 407-582-HR4U (4748).
You can also reach us via email below.
Full-time Employee Benefits
Valencia College offers full-time employees extensive benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation;
- 100% of employees’ medical and dental insurance premiums paid for by Valencia College (dependent coverage is available for an additional cost);
- Base life insurance for employees paid for by Valencia College. Supplemental life insurance for employees and their dependents is available for additional cost;
- Retirement program membership;
- Paid time off, including a minimum of 12 paid vacation days per year, four personal days per year, one day of sick leave accrued per month, holidays, spring break and winter break. Eligible employees may also participate in the sick leave pool and receive paid parenting leave;
- Retirement savings opportunities through AIG Retirement Services;
- Educational and professional development opportunities through Employee Development, Faculty Development and LinkedIn Learning;
- Employee Assistance Program (available help for resolving personal and family problems); and
- Free Lynx Bus transportation.
*Note: The duration of full-time faculty benefits is based on contract length.
Total Rewards Summaries
Full-time Faculty - Grant Position
Part-time Employee Benefits
Valencia College also offers part-time employees benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation;
- Retirement savings options through AIG Retirement Services;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Access to on-demand training through LinkedIn Learning;
- Free Lynx Bus transportation; and
- Part-time faculty members teaching in academic credit programs also receive paid time off, are automatically enrolled in the 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan and have access to Valencia’s comprehensive Faculty Development program.
My Employee Benefits
With the Benefitfocus portal, Valencia College employees can enroll in or make changes to their benefits, navigate the menus for information on medical, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, the Employee Assistance Program, UnitedHealthcare Real Appeal, retirement plans, Employee Development Funds, dependent tuition benefits and more.
Transparency in Coverage Rule
Under the Transparency in Coverage Rule, plans and issuers are required to disclose in-network provider negotiated rates, historical out-of-network allowed amounts, and drug pricing information through machine-readable files allowing the public access to health coverage information that can be used to understand health care pricing.
In response to this rule, UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the files on behalf of Valencia College. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com .
Files will be updated monthly in accordance with the requirements.