Valencia Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of the following terms and conditions are being set forth as an additional requirement to use the Valencia College Tuition Installment Plan (“TIP”) offered through a contract with a third party provider, Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc. (“Nelnet”).
Available Plan options are based on the point in time that the student enrolls in the Tuition Installment Plan. Except for a student under an active contract that is not in default, the availability or any other component of the Plan may change based on Nelnet’s sole and absolute discretion. All changes are effective as of the date determined by Nelnet. Valencia does not guarantee the ongoing availability of the TIP program and cannot provide advance notice of changes as all decisions are made exclusively by Nelnet.
- I authorize Valencia College to alter my TIP agreement, to equal the total of all tuition, fees and bookstore charges due on my account for the current term.
- I understand that if Financial Aid is awarded before or after my agreement has been
established, adjustments and changes will be made to the account.
- If Financial Aid is insufficient to cover the remaining balance, my payment obligation will be reduced by the amount of the Financial Aid awarded, and the remaining account balance will continue with Nelnet.
- If Financial aid is sufficient to cover my entire balance, my TIP account will be reduced to zero ($0.00) and no payments will be due to Nelnet.
- I also understand that after a certain date during the semester, my TIP agreement will not change upon receiving financial aid. I will receive a refund in the full amount of my financial aid when posted to my account and will make payments to Nelnet as scheduled.
- I am personally liable to Valencia College for any tuition, fee and bookstore charge
debts that remain on my account as a result of the following:
- I am in default of my TIP agreement with Nelnet and all monies due have been transferred back to my Valencia account.
- I have added a class(es) after the change deadline and my TIP agreement could not be updated for the new balance.
- I have charged books against my financial aid instead of my TIP agreement.
- I terminated my TIP agreement and must pay my tuition and fees to Valencia College by the payment deadline or my registration may be deleted.
- A refund of payments made to my TIP agreement will be returned to Valencia College within sixty (60) days from the Guarantee Date. Valencia College will then refund the student, not the responsible party on the TIP agreement (if the two are not the same), in accordance with the student’s refund preference.
- Failure to pay fees owed on my TIP agreement, or otherwise defaulting on the agreement, will result in a financial hold placed on my Valencia account. This action will prevent me from receiving grades or official transcripts, and will also prevent me from registering in a future term at Valencia.