Faculty Association Awards for Excellence in Teaching, Counseling and Librarianship (FAAETCL)
The purpose of the Faculty Association Awards for Excellence in Teaching, Counseling and Librarianship is to recognize five faculty members who have demonstrated effective and innovative teaching methods and a continuing commitment to student success through student engagement both inside and outside the classroom. For more information, please reference the FAAETCL Guidelines and the FAAETCL Evaluation Rubric.
Nominations open on March 28, 2023.
Submit a FAAETCL nomination form.
Please submit nominations by April 28, 2023.
Who is eligible?
All faculty (full-time and part-time)
Who can be nominated?
- All faculty members may be nominated (tenured, tenure-track, annually appointed and part-time faculty are eligible)
- Individuals who received an award in the previous three award cycles may not win, but may be nominated
- Candidates must have been employed at the College for one year, or for three distinct semesters; administrators who teach a course are not eligible
Nomination and Selection Process
- Anyone, including students, can nominate any professor, counselor or librarian
- Nominators will submit nominations online. The nomination form will include a section for the nominators to describe their relationship to the nominee, and a section for a narrative describing the professor’s, counselor’s or librarian’s greatness.
- Nominees will receive information about the award process once a nomination is received, including a portfolio form and the stipulation that all portfolios will be assessed using a rubric. Letters of support must be dated after the nomination deadline.
- The committee’s membership shall consist of seven full-time faculty members; one or two alternates and a designated chair who doesn't vote
- Faculty Council issues a call for members, at which time volunteers can indicate interest in chairing the committee; in the case of more volunteers than positions, Faculty Council will vote on the membership
- The Faculty Council designates the chair
- Membership will be for two years with approximately half of the committee continuing each year
- Should a member of the committee be nominated and submit a portfolio for consideration, he or she will be asked to recuse himself or herself from the committee, and an alternate will be asked to take that person’s place
- Award winners receive a one-time stipend of $1,000 and a plaque
- All nominees will be announced through The Grove and in the Commencement Program
- Winners will receive the award at Academic Assembly from the past president of the CWFA
- Winners will be provided with information about the Association of Florida Colleges Professor of the Year process, if applicable, and encouraged to put their names forward from Valencia College
For informal recognition programs and tools, visit the Recognition channel in the Valencia EDGE.
Awards & Recognitions
Problem loading feed.