Innovation of the Year Awards
The League for Innovation in the Community College highlights outstanding innovations in community college education through its Innovation of the Year competition. The award is designed to recognize faculty, staff and administrators at member colleges who have created and implemented innovative programs, practices, partnerships, policies and activities that improve the institution’s ability to serve students and the community.
Every year in November
Every year in January
Who is eligible?
All Faculty & Staff (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Who can be nominated?
Do you know of a colleague who has created an innovative project that has positively impacted Valencia College? We invite you to submit a nomination for Valencia’s 10th year in the Innovation of the Year Awards.
All nominees who designed and implemented the innovative program, practice, partnership, policy or activity must be full- or part-time employees of the College during the academic year for which they are nominated. One winner (or winning team) will be accepted for each college or district.
Winning innovations should meet the following criteria:
- Quality. Students and/or staff agree that the innovation increases quality in the course, program, office or institution
- Efficiency. The innovation contributes to more efficient processes
- Cost Effectiveness. The innovation adds value to the institution while containing or reducing costs
- Replication. The innovation is easy to replicate at other institutions
- Creativity. The innovation is original and creative
- Timeliness. The innovation is not more than five years old at the institution, allowing plenty of time for it to be tested
Nomination and Selection Process
- A single nomination form must be submitted for each innovation program, practice, partnership, policy or activity. Use the same nomination form to identify the person or team responsible for the design and implementation of the innovation at Valencia. Employees are also allowed to nominate themselves. Only two submissions will be accepted per nominator.
- The selection committee’s evaluation is based solely on the information provided in the nomination form. Nominators should provide specific examples of accomplishment, based on the award criteria.
- The selection committee will review the materials and submit their recommendation to the President for final approval.
- If a member of the selection committee should be nominated or wish to make a nomination, her/his representation will be replaced on the committee during the award review process.
For informal recognition programs and tools, visit the Recognition channel in the Valencia EDGE.
Awards & Recognitions
Problem loading feed.